unaltered

>> Monday, May 17, 2010

i am having one of those days where i want to sit in the bathtub for an extended amount of time, eat steak and drink wine, snuggle with a sleeping grace, watch a great movie, and have mind-blowing sex to top it all off. i want my husband to come home from work. i want grace to take her afternoon nap (she is overtired, overcranky, and "mm-ing" in the crib).

can the day go by a little bit faster?

i was reading my friend Bethany's blog post for the day, which is about how relationships change once babies come along. sometimes i feel like i was omitted from the wrath of God, in regards to "babies changing everything". see, for the most part, (from my point of view) chris and i didn't really change. rather than doing whatever we want, whenever we want; we juggle grace and the diaper changes and feedings, who plays with her when, who does what shopping and so on and so forth... but still get to do what we want, when we want, for the most part. sure, there are times when sex is put on-hold in order to get grace back to sleep, or we don't get to watch the movie until after 9 P.M; but otherwise, i feel like it's still us. i still have my husband and i am happy with where we're at.

am i just one of the lucky few that wasn't plagued with an altered relationship (for the worst)? i mean, i love motherhood. i love marriage. i love the things that i do for fun -- which, to be honest, isn't much besides blogging, reading, taking pictures, and cleaning (boy, am i lame?) ... oh, and stalking people on facebook. hah.

that's how it often felt when i read articles about babies changing everything. i'm happy. we're happy. our marriage is strong. sure, we have our spats (rarely!) but by the time the next day rolls around, all is well.

so while i am glad i've been left untouched and unaltered, i wonder if it's just me. after all, everything else says that your relationship is going to change - and they never make it sound like it's for the better. but mine was... i feel like it's been a lesson in sacrifice, love, generosity, patience, and learning to balance it all.

peace and love.

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP