midnight diapering

>> Tuesday, May 4, 2010

last night may have been one of my best memories of being woken up by grace yet. it might be because i remember it - i was actually fully conscious for it; it might be because it was just plain funny.

grace woke up and started crying, which was no surprise; i forced chris out of bed, as usual, to tend to her. then a little lightbulb went off in my head: it might be a good idea to change her wet diaper now, while she's awake, so that she doesn't wake up again in three hours soaked to the bone. good logic, mommy. chris dropped her into bed with me while he went off to prepare her diaper. rather than getting up to change the diaper, as planned, i popped out a boob and stuck it in her mouth to get her calm again. i should've known that that would actually make her too calm.. and within a minute, she was sound asleep. chris came back with her nice warm bottle, and suggested we just put her back to bed. but i couldn't do that --- not with her already full diaper! chris picked her up, rolled her over - and, ha, oh yes, she rolled right back onto her tummy, sound asleep. ("no way, mom and dad. i'm sleepin'!" "gee, thanks baby, you woke us up for no reason!") what happens next is my greatest memory.

cell phone in hand to light the way, chris began to unsnap grace's attire and we pulled her diaper off. we proceeded to put on the new diaper, with our little baby's butt sticking up in the air (like all babies do, okay!). reaching under and around, we put the new diaper on her, all the while she's sitting there fast asleep. snapped her back up, put her back in the crib, and laughed at ourselves. that just happened. a middle of the night
diaper change on our tummy sleeping baby.




















see, it's the moments like this when i am happy to be a mom. it's the really weird things that grace can do (or not do, for that matter), that can brighten my whole day (or night!)

on another note, at 18 weeks, our little girl is a moving monster. she is a busy bee. i am just now starting to pop, but you really couldn't tell i was pregnant. not yet. i seem to have a hard time getting that cute little baby bump. man, it's depressing. any day now.... one day my bump will come...

so that's the post of the day. i hope it made you chuckle, if only a little.

have a great day!

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP