the laundry room

>> Monday, May 10, 2010

my least favorite chore in the whole wide universe is folding laundry. i absolutely loath it. i have no problem starting it - i don't mind throwing the loads into the wash, adding a little detergent, and letting the machine work its' wonders. i don't even mind finagling all those wet clothes into the dryer... and i especially don't mind sticking my face into the warm, fresh clothes once they're finished drying: but i have a serious love/hate relationship with folding clothes.

in a sense, i love folding them, because i am especially particular about the way and neatness by which they are folded. in every other regard, i hate folding the laundry. i despise it. i especially despise it when i am pregnant because it makes my back hurt. for some reason, when i fold laundry, i get really rigid. i could stand for hours, but it would not hurt my back the way that folding laundry does. don't ask; i don't know why; that's just the way it is.

today i did something i never do. i organized the loads. with two of the three in the process of being washed and dried, i am dreading the signal that will be calling my name in about twenty minutes; the signal that beckons the clothes be taken out of the dryer and folded. to hell with it! my newest solution for the laundry has been leaving it in a pile for an additional three days waiting to be folded.

not today, my friends. today, i am going to kick the laundry's ass. i am going to fold it while it is still hot. hopefully.

on another laundry note, i am starting to despise grace's cloth diapers. they are adding an additional load of two of laundry to my week. you should see the dining room table. there's a mound of cloth diapers on it, waiting to be folded. see what i mean? i ought to get those done before the next load is dry..

stop writing, start folding.

here goes nothing!

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP