holy sex!

>> Wednesday, May 5, 2010

whoa! did i just say that on my mommy blog? oh, well, yes. after all, as katie and philip have constantly let me know - hanging out leads to sex, and sex leads to babies. and, naturally, it appears, that statement is always true for me. after all, two under two... need i say more?

but seriously. it's a book: Holy Sex!: A Catholic Guide to Toe-Curling, Mind-Blowing, Infallible Loving combines the Church's beautiful teachings on the glory of the body, marital intimacy, and the sack --- with the reality of sexuality, and some things that seem far too taboo to talk about. We're talking about positioning, orgasms, foreplay --- you name it, Dr. Greg Popcak, Ph.D, probably mentions it. I will let you know once I start reading. (The book gets here today; thank you, Amazon Prime)

But quite honestly (and I think my readers are mature enough to accept this - if you're not, you ought just leave), this book is probably one of the best things that has happened to (religious) married couples. A lot of the reviews I have read say that this book isn't limited to Catholics; that if you want to have a better love life, this really is the book to read. We need to stop being scared of our bodies and what they do and what feels good. Catholics are not Puritans, people! God made sex for us to enjoy and it's such a sign of His love and approval for married couples --- that He gave us such a wonderful, toe-curling, mind-blowing way to express our love for the other spouse. (Yep, said that too.)

Spiritual ecstasy for the celibate, orgasms for the married. (Just went there...) Basically, God wants us all to have a wonderful, glorious, joyful climax, irregardless of our state in life -- and He gives us the means to have it!

I've decided as I read the book, I will be sure to include some things that Popcak writes. Let's be honest, I think this is really important. I strongly believe that a married couples' sex lives are critical to their closeness, their growth in holiness, and the longevity of their marriage. There is a reason that the Church requires a couple get special permission from the Bishop if they wish to remain celibate in their marriage (a Josephite marriage). Sex is one of the great ways for a married couple to mirror the Trinity! We're blessed with this expression of marital love and it is not something to be ashamed of!

Anyhow, that's my story. Be prepared for more in the posts to come!

With love.

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP