finally feeling it.

>> Thursday, May 20, 2010

at nearly 21 weeks (this Saturday), i am starting to look and feel pregnant. and my god, can i feel it.. now i understand what they mean when they say that it is HARD on your body. see, holding grace takes work, staying awake takes work, and keeping good posture takes work. hey, being pregnant in general is quite the burden, but being pregnant and chasing after your 9 month old --- now that, my friends, borders between insanity and what feels like running a marathon.

after all, your heart does work three times harder during pregnancy than it would normally.

needless to say, i am feeling it. my belly has finally started to protrude enough to where holding grace means either resting her on my hip and as far away from my frontside as possible, or carrying her sideways like a log (yep, i admit it, i do that sometimes. bad mommy! whatever. she doesn't seem to care.)

i get to admit, with pride, that my pre-pregnancy pants still fit. atleast, the 12's do. (yeah, 12's. whatever happened to wearing an 8?)

let's talk about something though. i am 21 weeks: four and a half months pregnant; which means in another four months or so, we'll be holding #2. can you say, "WOW"? because, uh, i can. if you want, i'll say it a few more times... wow, wow, wow.

grace will be just over one when her sister shows up. i am delighted... and aware of my inevitable exhaustion that will follow the birth. once i move in, my freezer will be immediately stocked in preparation for the days when i want nothing to do with the kitchen except to get a glass of water and chocolate.

let me say though. as soon as this baby comes out, i plan on getting in shape. you all better hold me to it. and i need to say: if any of my readers are women in the Tucson area who want to lose a few pounds too, let me know. i am the worst person on the planet when it comes to working out. as in, i'm a joke. i lack the motivation on my own, to form a regular work-out schedule. boo on me.

okay, i need to lie down and snooze for 10 minutes. my head is about to hit the keyboard.

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP