home design

>> Wednesday, May 19, 2010

now that we're getting closer to buying the house, i've begun looking into the "details" for the house --- window coverings, wall paint, furniture for the extra bedrooms.. things of that nature. i've gotta say, this might be my favorite part of buying a house - besides the fact that i get a house, and it's mine, and i can do whatever i want with it. that's pretty sweet too.

anyways, this is a huge endeavor --- mostly because i want my house to look great, considering our couches came from Salvation Army and we have a lot of hand-me-downs. listen, i don't care so much: i like our furniture. but i want the house to look kick-ass despite the fact that the furniture is not NEW. i'm thinking the color scheme is going to be something green, brown/tan, and white. i want it to look rich and classic.

i am one of those people who wants something all done at once. you can, imagine, then, why i am stir crazy and going nuts. i want to paint! i want to put up blinds! i want to decorate and put bedrooms back together! i want to organize! i want color and vibrance and candles and pictures. argh!

i want to see the finished product. i can't wait to see the house, FINISHED, PAINTED, DECORATED, TILED! lovely! and i am going nuts, just having to wait for it to be built. you couldn't fathom how frustrated it makes me to know that i can't paint until we officially get the keys. i mean, c'mon folks, just let me paint it now... please.... but no, can't, sorry.

argh. i need to grow in the virtue of patience.

also, i want to buy this dresser. it's the one that matches my bed, and let's be frank. i'm a big girl; i deserve matching bedroom furniture, right?














and this is something like the color scheme i'd like in the house:











on another note, i need to complain about my heartburn. seriously. i never had it with grace, and this time around, my throat is constantly flaming up... i have begun popping tums, only for a few hours of relief. UGH!

so anyways. green, white, brown. sound good? i think yes.

okay, i need to go eat more chalky tums. my throat is aflame again.

anyone have good decorating tips?

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP