two carseats in the back, and four packages for me

>> Thursday, May 27, 2010

today was the day that God allowed the "package-loving me" to be rejoice. i have to say, one of my favorite things about the first two weeks at Franciscan was the books; something about opening those boring brown amazon boxes makes my heart skip a beat. packages make me feel loved - i admit it. the funny thing is, i've taken the love language test multiple times, and receiving gifts has NEVER been in the top two (or three, even). but something about the anticipation of ripping open a package and finding the prize inside makes me oh-so-happy.

so today, you can imagine, with four packages with my name on each - i am on cloud 9.

first package --- arrived at 10 in the morning. contents: grace's new convertible carseat. what happened next: after hauling it up the driveway, i proceeded to dive right in and get that sucker into my car. i felt like a pro. within a half hour, it was completely properly installed and adjusted for grace. put her in and took it for a drive. results: completely quiet 15 minute drive to mcdonalds and home. delightful.

second package --- arrived at 10:30 and was ignored till i left for mcdonalds. contents: 3 snappis for grace's diapers. what happened next: once we got home from the mcdonalds trip, i marched grace to the room and changed her diaper. after finagling it for five minutes, i finally got the diaper attached using the snappi. results: COOL. practice will make perfect when using the snappi. it's kinda like the silver things you use to hold down an ace bandage. it takes a few tries to figure them out.

third and fourth packages --- arrived at 11 in the morning; the mailman dropped them off about 10 minutes after i got home from the mcdonalds run. contents: 10 premium prefold diapers, an extra snappi from that momma, and 2 outfits for grace. what happened next: took the tags of grace's new 12 and 18 month outfits, which are way too cute. unpacked the diapers. results: a happy momma. the prefolds fit wonderfully; i just put one on her for naptime. the outfits are really cute. i might let her try her new 12 month outfit on tomorrow. it's just darling.

so, there you have it.

i have also made three sales on diaperswappers thus far. i'm hoping somebody else will buy my remaining 10 prefolds that are for sale. *please god, please!*

another thing: i have two carseats in my back seat. it's so strange looking, but then i realize, that's life. we really need a bigger car, haha.

that's my story for the day. it's been good, folks!

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP