ice cream has saved my life... twice.

>> Monday, May 3, 2010

okay, so really it's jesus, whispering in my ear "iiiiiiiiiice...creaaaaaaaaaaaam...iccccceee...creammmm", but alas: IT'S THE TRUTH! i officially have no shame in the occasional Sonic, Dairyqueen.. or like yesterday, Ikea, delightful and cold treat.

so far, ice cream has prevented me from being in a really bad accident: TWICE. Yesterday, ice cream saved Chris, Grace, and I from this lovely wreck. (NOT!) okay? this was bad. please note: i am using caps, which means it was really, really bad. that link says there were 5 cars involved in the accident. funny, because chris and i only saw 3 cars and the semi. i have no idea where the fifth vehicle even was.

that little article doesn't do justice to that wreck by any means. to put it simply, when we finally drove by, all i could say (as my baby was fast asleep in her carseat) was: holy shit. and i whispered it, actually, quite a few times. this is what i saw (and if you hate hearing about car accidents, stop reading): 3 cars, 1 semi. car #1's front end and to the windshield was wedged up under the back of the semi truck. car #2 didn't have a back end --- as in, back half, completely gone --- as in, the two front doors and the front of the car, but absolutely nothing behind it. car #3 was slammed up against the concrete wall, but looked like it recieved minimal damage. the semi looked okay, except for the front grill, which was torn away. also, somebody definitely died, because there was a body in the road with a blanket on it. aeromed also came and took people away. so, for the details of the crash that the news couldn't seem to get, there you have it. and describing it, i promise, did not do justice.

you can start reading again.

so how did ice cream save my life? well, this time it was a combination of chris wanting to sit down and eat our pizza slices and then deciding to get ice cream. i can almost guarantee that had we not sat and eaten, we would've been in it. it times out about right. the accident happened about 15 minutes ahead of us. "dear jesus, thank you." i had actually tried to get us to leave right away and get on the road, but thanks be to god - chris decided he wanted to sit and enjoy our ikea pizza.

a few weeks ago, Sonic saved us from a big, bad wreck too. my MIL actually called us because she saw the aeromed flying in on the road to our house, and was concerned... because timewise, it should've been us. had we not gotten Sonic, we would've been in it. without a doubt.

so that's twice, in a few weeks, that ice cream has saved my life. you can bet that now, every time i get a little desire for some yum-yums, i'll be listening to that desire. it seems to be working out better for me that way.

that's my story. today i'm thankful to be alive. i'm thankful that god keeps protecting us from these accidents, because that is not an adventure i'm ready to take yet.

and on a happier note....... WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!















and she's a thumb-sucker already.

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP