we'll call it "day 2 of our honeymoon"

>> Sunday, April 25, 2010

so in case you didn't know, chris and i both celebrated our 21st birthdays this week. i beat him to meeting the world by a whole three days (april 21st and april 24th). anyways, i have to admit i really enjoy our "joint birthdays" because it lends for a week of celebrations. let's see; this week we have actually had 4 birthday dinners, 3 days of gifts, and a whole lot of "happy birthday" wishes. we have bought our first drinks and bottles of wine and six packs... hah, and i am pregnant, all the while.

in case you're not counting, 17 weeks. that means, in the eyes of my spiffy maternal fetal medicine doctors, i could very well be halfway through this pregnancy.

anyhow, for our own personal "family" celebration, chris, grace, and i took off last night after he got done with work and drove about 45 minutes north to Oro Valley. we stayed at the hilton el conquistador resort, in one of their casitas. we went out to dinner and ate some fabulous steaks, went for a dip in the pool (and chris enjoyed the hot tub. my feet enjoyed it too, but that was the extent of it for me.) we drank; and by we, i mean, chris did most of the drinking and i drank a small glass of arbor mist combined with raspberry spritzy stuff. we played phase 10, did the married people thing, took a bubble bath, watched tv; basically, we had wonderful 21 year old fun.

it was fantastic.

chris and i have decided for every 6 month and 12 month wedding anniversary (his birthday was our 6 month anniversary! woo!), we'll celebrate in style and take another day to our gradually expanding "honeymoon." it's our way of affordable romantic travel. great one-nighters.

so here are a few personal favorites from the night...


0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP