the vocation of motherhood

>> Thursday, April 8, 2010

there are definitely days when i look up to Heaven and think, "God, why on EARTH would you ever call me to the vocation of motherhood. I don't want to deal with baby poop, wet diapers, and spilled milk. I want to watch movies, read good books, and hang out with my husband."

this is mostly spewing from the last 24 hours, which have been entirely stressful and miserable... and still, nonetheless, humorous.

to sum it up:
1. my brother-in-law, Nick, is in the hospital. the whole family is in "chaos" mode - the parents are out, the kids are wild, and we are attempting to maintain order.
2. grace did not take her afternoon nap.
3. i discovered what i believed to have been "squeezed out" of grace's poopy/peey diaper.. in the basin under her excersaucer... this is what happens when you don't change the baby's diaper before you put them in it. kaboom + clorox = cleaned excersaucer, mommy headache.
4. my husband is, on rare occasion, a complete idiot.
5. exhaustion.
6. i threw up dinner. chunkies. out my nose. seriously? what a nice way to end the day.

that was yesterday.

today, thus far:
1. grace's disposable diaper (this is why i prefer cloth diapers, and i really need to buy some extra-soaker inserts so i can go back to them...) EXPLODED the crystal matter... on the crib... on the floor... on her. that was the start of my day.
2. she dumped her bottle in her carseat.
3. i left the diaper bag so there was no extra clothes for her in the car.
4. poopy, FULL diaper, without the diaper bag... i took the diaper off, cleaned her with tissues, and prayed she would not pee on the drive home.
5. that was a stupid hope.. i'm home, have disassembled the carseat and it's in the wash, and re-dressed the baby

the vocation of motherhood is a humorous, miserable, topsy-turvy-always-trust-your-instinct-and-never-hope-your-baby-will-do-the-thing-you-want-or-you'll-have-a-mess-on-hand life.

but i do love it.

i just wonder "why...God...why?"

doctors appointment at 1:30 today.

until next time..!

1 comments:

Katie April 8, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

Philip says that hanging out leads to sex which leads to babies. Either way, you'll always be pregnant.

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP