"a-ba-ba-bla"

>> Monday, April 26, 2010

grace is into the b's. it's making for a humorous morning, and i wish i could properly describe just how funny it is, but i can't. simply put, it sounds like my daughter is the queen of smart asses. she looks at me and says "ba-ba-ba-blah", as if saying, "mom, i'm not listening, your words are falling on deaf ears" like a teenage girl would say. you know: we would look at our mothers and mouth, "blah, blah, blah" when something was stupid or redundant or we just didn't care. and you can't say you never did that, because i don't like liars. clearly, i know that she's probably saying to me "mom, i found this new sound, it goes ba, can you please get me out of the crib now?".... but the smart assed teenage version is much more entertaining for everyone involved.

another thing. grace has figured out the growling noise and loves it. chris and i... well, it scares us a little. i mean, when your daughter sounds like emily from the exorcism of emily rose when she's in possessed-demon-mode, it's pretty... freaky. i figure it's just another sound grace has found, but i can't wait for her to get past it... which is probably why i decided to write about the newest b sound. i have high hopes that we can get past the possessed sounding growls soon enough.

in other news, i seriously hate nosebleeds. i don't even remember the last time i have had one; but chris, on the other hand... well, he gets them like a girl at U of A gets STD's. just kidding; bad comparison... but really. he gets them every week or two. or, yesterday, two in one day. now, these nosebleeds he gets: they are anything but your friendly little "oops, i picked a boogey in the wrong spot and now my nose is leaking." (yes, i just said that. this one's for you, michelle. childhood relived.) his nosebleeds start whenever; for no reason; and typically go for well over 15 minutes... like yesterday. the first nosebleed lasted 30+ minutes (i wasn't timing that one); and the second lasted a grand total of 40 minutes. chris bled for over an hour yesterday.

so why is this at all relevant to anything? it's not. it just seriously upsets me. i finally convinced him, after the second bleed had been going on for 20 minutes, to get in the car so we could go to the hospital. when we got there, it had just stopped bleeding, so we went home. he wasn't dizzy and was showing no signs that he was losing too much blood, so there wasn't much to do. he needs to go see an ENT and have them cauterize that stupid bleeder.

the actual point of this is to present a scenario i seriously hate being in: when no one thinks you're right except yourself. i feel like i'm in this boat a fair amount of the time, but last night i finally unleashed my frustrations on chris about it. as we were pulling out the driveway, i shouted at him (yeah, uh, this rarely happens) and told him that::: i did not give a damn what him or his mother thought; i was his wife, i was making the calls, and if he didn't like it, get a divorce and die from a nosebleed on his own time.

talk about laying it down. i never talk to him that way, but quite frankly, it was nice to say it. i also told him if he wanted to take his mother's advice over mine, he should've married her. maybe it was too far, but sometimes i feel like i need to say "uh, hello: you married me, not your mother." not that i don't love his mother - because i do so much - but when you take a vow to your wife, you better trust her with your life as much as you trust your mother with your life.

so that's my rant.

am i the only one out there who feels that way sometimes?

(i know i'm not, because my mother has definitely expressed the same feelings with my father occasionally.)

have a great day!

1 comments:

Melissa@IselaMariaPhotography April 27, 2010 at 7:08 AM  

This post makes me laugh for a number of reasons. It reminds me fondly of the first few months of my marriage. I think listening to one's mother or father over their spouse is common especially when you first get married. Josh still listens to your mom more than myself and we've been married for nearly two yrs. It used to make me mad but now I realize it makes sense and it makes me chuckle when he does it. I still listen to my dad over Josh, and I'm sure one day that will change but when you've spent all of your life listening to the guidance of your parents it makes sense that even once you are married you take their advice over your spouse. In our marriage its a battle I choose to laugh at rather than fight.

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP