the tale of two bras

>> Thursday, April 22, 2010

every woman should love bras. really. i have a few reasons.

1. you (should) wear them every day.
2. they have little personalities in and of themselves.
3. bras can help make a boring night with your husband exciting. that is, wonderful sexy frilly however-you-please-to-be-appealing, bras.
4. they can make you look younger, skinnier, and more balanced out.

a good bra is a woman's best friend. a bad bra is everyone's worst nightmare.

i have had my fair share of "alright" and just plain bad bras. i think about my first few bras in middle school, which were not an underwire and did not have an ounce of shape to them. with a C cup, you just can't pull that crap off.

today, however, it was out with the old and in the with the fabulous and NEW! i had been wearing my sisters bra, which was a 40DD; Cacique; sold by Lane Bryant. These are the bras made for women with anything larger than an apple. i have a large chest. i have been abundantly blessed. both my sisters have been also. but let me tell you - bra shopping with grapefruits to dress can be a pain the ass. Cacique is one of the only brands; actually, let's be honest - the only brand, i have found that makes bras for larger busted women that are A) not minimizers, B) not old-ladyish, and C) keeps the twins looking great. That is, if you buy the right size.

so, me, in a 40DD. well, that's a band size too big. i was adjusting myself constantly. so today i marched into Lane Bryant and looked through the bras. and guess what: i found just the right bra, and i have never felt so "secure" in it, if you know what i mean. the twins are not going anywhere. it is a 38DDD balconette bra. i feel pretty, i feel supported, and i feel a lot skinnier because now you can see my torso. hey, how 'bout that? that's what happens when the twins are three inches higher! believe in miracles, folks. properly fitting bras can work wonders.

now, i had always known that one of the main problems with women and bras was the band size. a band size that is too big can completely screw you over. (i am the perfect example. one band size smaller raised the twins three freaking inches and keeps them in place. unfathomable.) so this is my friendly reminder to get a professional fitting, and if you have larger jugs, go to Lane Bryant. their products are way cool, cute, and sexy, and they house sizes from 36C to...... I want to say 46DDD, but I'm not sure. basically, big.

ps: i know Lane Bryant does sexy. how do i know? because most of my nighttime funsies are from there. yep. ask my husband how he feels about that.

so that's my story. i walked out of the store with (ouch) $57 spent - (but hey, if they fit and i look damn fine, i'll take it) on my two new fabulous bras.

amen.
the gospel of good bras.
thanks be to God.

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP