the doula hunt

>> Tuesday, April 13, 2010

i am on the hunt for a doula. actually, i think i may have found one. certainly, my hope is to find someone who has experience with both VBAC and uterine anomalies... and i have found one who has a bit of experience with both! even better, she's got experience with my doctor and the high-risk team at UMC. she actually was there when he VBAC'ed twins - one of which was breeched.

so needless to say, i am excited.

doulas, i believe, can be a great benefit for mothers during labor... especially mothers who want things done a certain way - typically those going for a more natural birth in a hospital environment. they are a voice and advocate for the mother's desires, as well as a support when you feel like your vagina is about to simultaneously catch on fire and tear into two.

so this is the doula hunt.

and my husband just got into bed... so i am going to follow him.

goodnight!

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP