just another morning

>> Thursday, April 29, 2010

Vote for Grace, or die. Because you know she's the cutest.

I promise that will be the only time I ever ask you to vote for my baby. I pinky swear. Okay? Forgive me. Yep, I know it's tacky and I did it anyway. Unless she's running for President or something in 35 years; then I'll tell you to vote for her. If she's anything like me, she'll be brilliant, politically incorrect, and awesome. (Ha)

But in other news... My birthday roses are basically dead, Grace is lying in her crib licking the slats (let's talk about teething babies, really), and I have to leave in 40 minutes to pick up Chris so we can go do a "walk through" with the guy who is building our house to make sure he hasn't screwed anything up? (I'm not sure KB Homes' reasoning behind this, but I guess it just is supposed to be done.)

Speaking of the house, after our meeting with this guy today, they'll drywall it. Can you believe that? Literally, a month ago, Chris and I bought the house. It's framed, wired, (we even have bathtubs), vented, plumbed, and has windows. Damn! We're pretty excited. Go, house, go!

And in case you wanted to know, this pregnancy has turned me into the gas queen. My family would say, "as if you weren't already..." but no. Nothing beats this. Yeah, sure, gross --- I blame progesterone. It's making me a stinky fart. I had hoped I would only say that when I was 85 and basically rotting, but pregnancy has caused things to change. It's true. I stink.

What else? Can I complain for twenty-five seconds because I still don't have a baby bump? Let's see. I am 17 and a half weeks, utterly impatient, pregnant with baby #2, and wondering why everyone else seems to pop way before me. I didn't start showing with Grace till about 20 weeks, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised... But it's SO unfair. It's unfair that Chris and I have both felt the baby move, but the world still has no idea that there's a bun in the oven. Mannn. Okay, I'm done.

Today is going to be a good day. I can feel it already... And gosh, do I hope I am not wrong...

One last thing before we end this; there was a kid in my sisters graduating class who just committed suicide last night. I guess he was a basketball player for our high school. He hung himself. So, pray for the repose of his soul. His name is Stephen. Also, pray for his family.

I will probably write more about teen suicide tomorrow, because it's gotten me thinking.

Peace, love, and a good day!

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP