"oh, the places you'll go"

>> Wednesday, April 21, 2010

You’ll look up and down streets. Look’em over with care. About some you will say, “I don’t choose to go there.” With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you’re too smart to go down a not-so-good street. And you may not find any you’ll want to go down. In that case, of course, you’ll head straight out of town. It’s opener there in the wide open air.

maybe this is the story of my life. it sounds about accurate. i opened some doors, took a little peak in, and decided "no, this is not for me."

twenty one years later though, i think i'm done looking. after two years studying political science, over a year of discerning the religious life, years of considering careers and paths and choices - i am here. and here is exactly where i want to be. (granted, physically, it would be nice to be in michigan... but i mean, life-wise here.)

there still are places to go and paths to choose. for now, chris and i are settling into this current place. we've got one gorgeous daughter, another bun in the oven; we're buying a house and getting involved in ministries at our church; we're establishing ourselves and picking the path. it's a poor path; it's not full of wealth or brains or fame; but it is a humble and pleasant path. it's a sacrificial path with me, away from my family, whom i hold so dear. it's a path seeking glory for the Kingdom; it's a path seeking Truth in its fullness; it's a path choosing God in the little things like how we dress and speak, and in the big things, like how many children we accept to bring into our lives. it's a path based on Love and Love at its fullest.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

I have been fearfully and wonderfully made; and I thank God that He has given me the gift of my life as well as the lives of those around me. Thank you all so much for a wonderful 21st birthday.

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP