homemade baby food, a mop, and some quiet

>> Saturday, April 17, 2010

i have been busy like a mad woman these days. busy with enjoying the television, my favorite shows, taking care of baby, keeping up the house, and making baby food.

it's been a good week. the family has been out (did i mention that Chris, Grace, and i moved in with our in-laws at the start of february, while we searched for a house and tried so save up money for a down payment? oh yes) (total amount of people living in this house: 10. two married couples, two teenagers, two kingergarten+under, and two babies. welcome to my life.) it has been joyfully quiet, peaceful, and relaxing.

right now, the fam is in San Diego, CA... enjoying the beach... celebrating my brother-in-law Joshua's (14) accomplishment of qualifying to compete in the Junior Olympic National Championships. he is a completely kick-ass gymnast. yes, i just said that. he's currently level 9; there are only 10 levels - and the level 10's are the ones you see at the olympics. yes, like the Hamm brothers. that said, being 14 and a level 9 is a big deal. watch out, US gymastics, here comes Josh Everitt...


























we're pretty excited.

so taylor, chris, grace, and i have been enjoying ourselves in the quiet house since wednesday. the family comes back tonight.

over the course of the week, i have watched more TV than imaginable, cleaned, organized, and just been. do you know how nice it is, to just BE?

i also made homemade baby food. i boiled up some carrots and sliced granny smith apple, cooled them off, threw them in a food processor with some cooked white rice... blended it all... and made a round meal for grace to enjoy. i made enough for 4 servings. i am pretty happy with it, because she loved it, and it was SO EASY to make.

what else? let's see. grace has expanded her food repertoire: macncheese, avocado, green beans, cheerios, applesauce, all kinds of jarred baby food, pears, banana, those gerber puffies... yep. i have an excellent eater. with her two teeth, the manages to eat tons of solids. i am really proud of her! she loves food!

so that's my story.

peace. time to play with the baby! because let's be honest: with a face this cute, no one can resist playtime.

0 comments:

About This Blog

this blog wasn't intended to always be happy or true. it was, however, made to be honest -- an honest expression of my beliefs, my feelings, and what I know to be the Truth. it'll be snarky, sarcastic, and put just as i see the world: might not always be pleasant, but neither is life. i hope that from reading this, i can help you walk through an unopened door and help you see things from my walk of life.

dedicated to

my beautiful daughter, grace anne; this next baby who i hope to love just as much; my husband, who is my strength and inspiration to carry on; my mother and father, who taught me to embrace what i know is right, to love, and to always be the woman God intended me to be; all my siblings, who show me what good the occasional sacrifice, often annoyance, and frequent laughter is.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP